BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A number of Memorial Day events will be happening across western New York this weekend through Tuesday. Here is a list of them:
- Memorial Day Parade – A parade will take place at 10 a.m. on Monday, starting at the Angola Village Hall at 41 Commercial St.
- VA Western New York Healthcare System Memorial Day Ceremony – A ceremony observing Memorial Day will be held on Monday, May 29 at 8:30 a.m. at the Batavia VA Medical Center. The ceremony will begin at the flag pole area of Building 3, at 222 Richmond Ave. Following that, a coffee social will take place at 8:45 a.m. in Building 4’s Recreation Hall.
- Memorial Day Parade and Service – The event will take place Monday, May 29 at 1 p.m. It will start at Churchill United Methodist Church and end at Boston Town Hall.
- VA Western New York Healthcare System Memorial Day Ceremony – A ceremony observing Memorial Day will be held on Tuesday, May 30 at 2 p.m. at the Buffalo VA Medical Center, located at 3495 Bailey Ave. The event will take place in Room 301 of Freedom Hall.
- Re-dedication of Civil War hero Lt. Bayard Wilkeson monument – Saturday, May 27 at 10:00 a.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
- Grand Army of the Republic Ceremony – Sunday, May 28 at 1:00 p.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
- Erie County American Legion Ceremony – Event starts on Monday at 9 a.m., and the opening of new World War I exhibit and live music by 23 Skidoo will start at 9:30 a.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
- Waterfront Carnival – The event at Buffalo’s Outer Harbor runs from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday. The Outer Harbor event space is at 325 Fuhrmann Blvd. Food vendors will be present, and unlimited ride bracelets are available for $20 per day.
- Memorial Day Parade – A parade will take place Monday at 11 a.m., starting at Clarence High School at 9625 Main St.
- Memorial Day Service – A Memorial Day service will take place on Monday at 8:45 a.m. at the Dunkirk Lighthouse at 1 Point Dr N.
- VFW Post 1419 and Cub Scout Ceremony – Saturday, May 27 at 9:30 a.m. at Lakeside Cemetery in Hamburg.
- Memorial Day Program and Chicken BBQ – A Memorial Day event will take place on Monday at 10 a.m. at the Farnham Fire Department at 526 Commercial St.
- Memorial Day Parade – Monday at 11 a.m.
- Memorial Day Wreathe Placements – The procession will gather at American Legion Post 410 on Niagara St. at 8 a.m. and perform a series of brief wreathe laying ceremonies at a number of official monuments in Lockport.
- Memorial Day Parade, Services & Celebration – On Monday, services will be held by Clute Phillips American Legion Post 938 and Middleport Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1. The parade starts at Noon, and the annual Canal Duck Derby starts following the services.
- Memorial Day Observance – On Monday at 11 a.m., a Memorial Day observance will take place at Corwin Cemetery, located at Lockport-Olcott and Hatter roads.
- Memorial Day Concert – Mark Mazur and his Little Big Band will perform music on Monday from 2-4 p.m. at the Main St. Gazebo.
- Annual Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony – The parade will start on Monday at 10:30 a.m. at Southgate Plaza. The public is invited to 35 Legion Pkwy. for hot dogs and refreshments following that.
- VFW Post 6251 Ceremony – Sunday, May 28 at 1:00 p.m. at St. Matthew’s Cemetery.
- Town of West Seneca Veterans Committee Ceremony – Monday, May 29 at 9:00 a.m. at St. Matthew’s Cemetery.
- Lamm Post 622/Amherst VFW Post 416 Ceremony – Monday, May 29 at 11:00 a.m.