BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Summer program for Buffalo’s Outer Harbor was announced on Friday afternoon.
The Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation says there will be “something to do every day.”
“The Outer Harbor is growing in popularity because it offers the perfect combination of things to do and places to get away from it all,” ECHDC Chairman Robert Gioia said. “Fireworks to light the sky, exercise to make your heart race, activities for all the age groups and food for every appetite — it’s all on the menu this summer at the Outer Harbor.”
Some Summer activities at the location include kayaking, biking, and new things like giant checkers, spike ball fitness classes.
Special events of the season are listed:
- Chase the Sun Yoga Festival on June 17th
- Buffalo Galbani Italian Festival July 13th-16th
- 2nd Annual Thunder at the Outer Harbor on July 22nd and 23rd
- Astronomy Night on June 2nd and July 28th
- Puppy Play Date at the Pointe on June 25th and July 23rd
- Jack Craft Fair on August 19th
- Irish Festival August 25th -27th
Assemblyman Sean Ryan said “Visitors to Buffalo’s waterfront have another great summer of fun to look forward to. Thanks to the Queen City Bike Ferry, accessing the Outer Harbor is easier than ever. I encourage everyone, whether you are a local resident, or are visiting from out of town, to make a visit to Buffalo’s Outer Harbor this summer to enjoy many family-friendly activities.”