Fire breaks out in Hertel Avenue building

PHOTO BY DAN SUMMERVILLE/NEWS 4

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Fire broke out in a Hertel Avenue garage early Monday morning.

The fire occurred in a two-story garage attached to a two and a half story building at 148 Hertel Ave around 12:18 a.m.

According to the Buffalo Fire Department, the fire started on the first floor and extended to the second floor and attic.

Three Buffalo firefighters suffered minor injuries and were transported to a hospital for evaluation.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage to the building. There was no damage to the building’s contents. It’s not clear whether anyone was living in the building.

 

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s