BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz announced on Monday morning that a water line break caused “extensive damage” at the Erie County Court Building.
Poloncarz tweeted that the break was on the fourth of floor of the Delaware Ave. structure. It did damage to eight courtrooms across three floors:
- Part 8: Hon. James A. W. McLeod
- Part 9: Hon. Deborah A. Haendiges
- Part 13: Hon. M. William Boller
- Part 14: Hon. Russell P. Buscaglia
- Part 18: Hon. John L. Michalski
- Part 19: Hon. Christopher J. Burns
- Part 23: Hon. Dennis E. Ward
- Part 24: Hon. Emilio Colaiacovo
He says that the Department of Public Works is evaluating the damage. No court cases were adjourned because of the flooding, but many courtrooms will not be usable for several weeks.
Signs will be posted by the building’s elevators if anyone must go to a different courtroom.