BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Salvation Army of Buffalo hosted the second annual Buffalo’s Most Amazing Race this past weekend.
The event, which is inspired by the CBS hit reality TV show “The Amazing Race,” consisted of different challenges that took place across the Queen City.
40 teams competed in these challenges that included kayaking and events at The Great Escape Room, in an effort to raise money for The Salvation Army. Prizes were given to the teams that raised the most money and those who finished the events in the fastest times.
Top Fundraising Teams
1. The Columbian Exchange, Steve Salcedo & Jamie Salcedo $2,508
2. Rodems Raiders, Molly Myers & Jennifer Kinney $2,190
3. West Loop Rebels, Barbara Hill & Chad Hill Sr. $1,875
4. Beauty and the Beast, Molly Winne & Willy Ervin $1,851
5. Crazy Cat Ladies, Lucia Schultz & Joanna Esquilin $1,791
1. Get Schooled – Jenna Zigler & Brenda Marcinkowski
2. Beauty & The Beast – Molly Winne & Willy Ervin
3. Crazy Cat Ladies – Lucia Schultz & Joanna Esquilin
4. Colombian Exchange – Steve Salcedo & Jamie Salcedo
5. Boyak – John Boyak & Brittany Bartels
“We are most blessed to have such a great group of teams, sponsors and volunteers, supporting our mission in the community,” Director of Operations Major Thomas Applin said. “Together we can make amazing changes in the lives of those who depend on our services.”