BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Many memorials and events will be held on the 16th anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks.
Here is a list of events. If you want to add to the list, send your event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/11 Ceremony of Remembrance – 9:30 a.m. at the Amherst Memorial Hill Grove, along the Ellicott Creek Trailway. This is nearly one mile from the entrance at N. Forest Rd. between W. Klein and Maple roads.
- 5th Annual 9/11 Dawn to Dusk Moving Tribute — Team RWB will keep one American flag and the Flag of Honor moving around the ring road at the Delaware Agassiz Circle Entrance from sunrise until sunset.
- Flag Remembrance on Scajaquada Expressway pedestrian bridge — 8:30-10:15 a.m. — Those who attend are encouraged to bring a flag to wave over the bridge.
- Sept. 11 Rememberance at Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park, 8:40 a.m. Monday at Rotary Flag Pole (alternate site inside Hangar Building).
- Ceremony at Veterans Monument — Councilmember James Rogowski will hold the ceremony in Cheektowaga Town Park on Harlem Rd. at 6 p.m.
- Tee It Up For the Troops – 11:30 a.m. ceremony at Wanakah Country Club, followed by 18 holes of golf with veterans and active service members
- 9/11 Tribute – At 9:58 a.m., emergency personnel, city employees and citizens are asked to assemble at Fire House 8’s Memorial Park on Royal Ave. and Hyde Park Blvd. Those who attend are asked to maintain silence at that time for an announcement. One minute of complete silence and a ceremony will follow this.