WIVB-TV, the CBS affiliate in Buffalo, NY is looking for a strong news leader to oversee digital content gathering, special projects and weekend newscasts.
The Digital Content/Weekend Manager will work collaboratively with the entire news team to organize and help distribute content across all platforms on a supervisory level.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- · Help our news team develop unique content for digital platforms, newscasts and special programming.
- · Organize shoot schedule for all sweeps pieces, special news programming and other unique content.
- · Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content on all digital platforms.
- · Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- · Assigning photographers and reporters as part of the daily news gathering process.
- · Coach/train journalists how to write for digital including attaching images and streaming video.
- · Use contacts to develop sources and enterprise news stories.
- · Use creative graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories on all platforms.
- · Perform other functions as required by supervisor or executive producer.
– College degree required
– 2 years of experience
If interested, please apply online – http://www.nexstar.tv/careers/